Widow’s House razed in Awka

A widow, Mrs. Blessing Onwudinjo has lost her three bedroom apartment to fire disaster that occurred in Awka. The inferno which began around eight

0’clock in the night, completely razed down the building with all her belongings. It was a double tragedy as she has lost her husband few months ago.

The widow is still under shock, and lamented that the clothes she and her children were wearing were the only things saved from the fire disaster.

She said the incident started when some of her children had slept, while she and some others were outside.

She said she was suspecting that it started from a fridge in one of the rooms and spread, until the entire building was completely razed.

ALSO READ  Bishop Ezeokafor is the acting Governor of Anambra

A neighbour to the family, Engineer Michael Mmoufunaya, explained that he and others around, struggled to put out the fire after calling the fire service who did not show up and only called for the location of the building when the fire has almost been put out.