By Michael Richmond Duru
- Since I am a priest, my jurisdiction is the priesthood, the Catholic Church and the God-factor. I therefore would like to address the issue of the US elections coming up on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, from the angle of the Catholic Church. Interestingly enough, both candidates, President J. Trump and Senator Joe Biden, in one way or the other are laying claims to Catholicism and the scouting for the votes of Catholics. This shows that the Catholic vote is significant. It also shows why Catholics should be properly guided in deciding who to vote for. Unlike, many other groups, the Catholic Faith influences the decisions and actions of all true, faithful and devout Catholics. Good Catholics square up and align crucial issues with their Faith, including their political choices. This is why the issue of which of the candidates is Catholic or promotes Catholic values and socio-political beliefs, is a crucial factor for US Catholics and for all Catholics. While Catholics appreciate the broader view of issues, we do certainly factor-in the guidance of our Faith in such crucial issues as elections, since we are privileged to share a Faith that has been developed and tested for decades of centuries.
- However, it must be said that the forthcoming US election, in particular, carries a weight of importance that even goes beyond the particular concerns of Catholicism. Similarly, I honestly consider the issues of racism, terrorism as well as geo-political and economic politics as secondary matters. I strongly believe that the forthcoming US election has gone beyond all these. It is indeed a battle for good or evil, life or death, God or no-God, freedom or bondage, globalism or nationalism, communism or capitalism, liberalism or conservatism. These are urgent issues for both Catholics and non-Catholics. Just as the two dominant parties and their candidates are fairly divided on these issues, the Catholic Church clearly has a view on these and the related issues. The Republicans are more or less the conservatives, while the Democrats are clearly the liberals. Their respective candidates are also clear on their convictions and goals with regard to these crucial issues. President Trump has proven to be a pro-God, pro-life, pro-family, pro-women, pro-morals, pro-freedom, pro-nationalist president and candidate America has ever had. This clearly places him on the side of faithful Catholics and the teachings of Catholicism. On the other hand, Senator Joe Biden and his running mate Senator Kamala Harris, have also proven to be the most liberal, globalist, anti-life, anti-God, anti-Catholic, pro-choice and pro-LGBTQ candidate America has ever had. This too places them on the wrong side of Catholicism and faithful Catholics. So far, the candidates have made known their choice and convictions; and for us Catholics these choices have consequence!
- Mr. Joe Biden, though he claims to be one, is not a Catholic. He cannot lay claims to Catholicism without making himself a liar and making a mockery of the Faith. At best, he is an apostate Catholic. He has clearly apostatised. The Catholic Church, by its own definitions, excludes people like him. By the definition of the Catholic Church, an apostate is one who abandons the Faith, in favour of some other beliefs. There are many kinds of apostasy. This is just one of them. A long time ago, Mr. Biden openly abandoned his Catholic Faith in favour of politics and political correctness; choosing to embrace such issues as: gay marriage, abortion, contraception, euthanasia, homosexuality, and a modernist orientation, which the Church has condemned as intrinsic evil and as incompatible with Catholicism. Mr. Biden knows deep in himself that he is no longer a Catholic. He lost his Catholic Faith when he openly rejected its teaching and went along, for instance, to wed a gay couple by himself. That’s why he doesn’t border when he goes to Mass and the priest denies him Holy Communion. He is only pretending to be Catholic in order to continue to steal the votes of liberal, deluded, fake Catholics in America, like himself.
- Mr. Donald Trump, though he is not a professed Catholic, squares better with True Catholicism. President Trump, by all standards, is certainly more Catholic than Joe Biden, who is but a fake-apostate-Catholic. Trump believes and promotes the same or similar socio-political ideas and values that the Catholic Church teaches. Joe Biden does not accept nor does he publicly promote even one of the core social and moral teachings of the Church – the same values that makes one Catholic. But Trump does so, in many instances. In his forty-nine years as a politician, the Catholic Church gained nothing from fake-Catholic Joe Biden. Rather he contributed to the destruction of the True Catholic Faith and Civilisation in America by his scandalous insistence that abortion is morally right and that it belongs to every woman as a right. Together with Kamala Harris, they hold the highest record of politicians who worked against both conservative Catholics and Catholic beliefs in their several years of active politics. But just in 4 years of his presidency, non-Catholic Donald Trump has been promoting core Catholic values and supporting Catholic Schools and Organization as well as placing core conservative Catholics in crucial positions like the US Supreme Court. He has been working to rescue the Little Sisters of the Poor from the stranglehold of Obama Care. Thus, all true and faithful US Catholics are for Trump. Only brainwashed, fake, deluded, liberal Catholics, can support Joe Biden.
- MORE IMPORTANTLY, I would like to point out that, the persistent presence of fake, apostate Catholics, like Senator Joe Biden, Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York, in political high places, is not simply a coincidence. It is a clear strategy against God and His Church. It is clearly an action with an agenda. The goal is to discredit, disgrace, disesteem, and then divide and destroy the Catholic Church. Otherwise what are they still doing in the Church? How is it that they do not accept the teachings of the Catholic Church and yet they refuse to leave. They are remaining and going for Holy Communion, in order to continue to create scandal and weaken other Catholics. They are hanging-on with the Catholic name, so as to continue to create disaffection and division among Catholic clergy and faithful.
- Recall that during the Covid 19 crisis, Andrew Cuomo remarked that it was not God who helped New York to put the virus under control. He refused to acknowledge any help from God. He shows no regard for piety or godliness, yet he keeps laying claim to Catholicism. The January 25, 2019 edition of the Washington Post published one of the unending calls by faithful Catholics asking Andrew Cuomo to leave the Catholic Church. But he remains. Yet he behaves like one who has nothing to do with God. These people pretend to be Catholics, yet they openly reject the teachings of the Church. It is clear that they are remaining to do the bidding of the devil. Their goal is to discredit the Catholic Church and her teachings, create division among Catholics and by so doing try to disintegrate and destroy it. Their game is well known. They have a mission. It is the hand of Esau speaking the voice of Jacob. It is the devil at work, as usual. But thanks to God that “Satan cannot outwit us. For we are not ignorant of the wiles of the devil” (2Cor. 2:11). Thanks to God, that He built His Church on a (HIGH) rock, such that the gates of hell cannot prevail against it. (Mt. 16:18). Thanks to God that not even the Antichrist can destroy the Church built upon the bones of the apostles and watered with the blood of the martyrs.
- The agenda is the same! The plan is to discredit the Catholic Faith, disgrace Catholic priests and other ministers, make every priest look like a molester, tarnish the image of the Church and so create discontent and division among Catholics. They hope to make Catholics ashamed of their Faith and to make Catholic teachings inconsequential. They hope to create a society where Catholic values, ethics and ideals will be ignored, and finally done away with. So that, like Biden, Cuomo and Pelosi, Catholics can choose to live their lives as they want and not as the True Faith teaches us. This is their plan! It has been on for decades. The hidden enemies of the Church – within and outside the Church – have been on this agenda for decades. Now they seem to be reaping some of its fruits. For instance, American Catholics are strongly divided along conservative and liberal lines. Biden, Cuomo, Pelosi and their likes, want to recreate the Catholics; they want to teach them how to disobey and ridicule the Church. Such persons, who claim the Catholic name but repudiate its dogmas should be seen as evil-models to Catholics (the opposite of the Saints); they want to show everyone that one can still answer Catholic and yet ignore what the Catholic Church teaches and even oppose it openly. These people are evil. They should be rejected and opposed by both Catholics and non-Catholics!
- It has been shown to be part of the agenda of the Freemasonic, Marxist, Communist elites and other avowed enemies of the Catholic Church. They hope to ridicule the Faith of millions of faithful and devout Catholics, they hope to ridicule priests in their sincere desire to live out the priestly life, especially the practice of the Evangelical Vows of celibacy, poverty and obedience. They hope to get Catholics to be ashamed of Holy Mother Church. They hope to make the Catholic Faith lose value and esteem among people. It is the devil! This is the root of the incredible sexual abuse scandals that has rocked many regions of the Church. Otherwise how can a single person abuse over a thousand persons. This is also the root of the mind-blowing financial scandals that continues to implicate high-ranking Churchmen. Otherwise, how can an old man, without wife and children, secretly buy a five-star hotel in Dubai. Then, when they think the time is ripe, the deal will be leaked by the same people who helped him commit the crime. Is it not the work of the same devil who seduces one to lust and afterwards accuses him of impurity? It is clear that these people are demarketing Catholicism.
- I am not saying that the culprits of the scandals are innocent victims. I am not saying that there are no bad elements in the Church. I am actually saying that many bad elements have indeed infiltrated the Catholic Church – the laity, the clergy, the hierarchy. The goal is to try to pull down the House of God, built upon the Rock of Ages. These men and women – in politics, in Hollywood, in Business, in the Media and in the Sanctuary – work secretly to destroy the Church for which the apostles gave their lives; for which the martyrs shed their blood; for which missionaries forgot their homelands; for which the crusaders fought many battles. Surely, the days of naivety are over, so that now we must open our eyes and watch with interest and with vigilance. These days, the devil can wear a suit and he can also wear a cassock. During the US presidential debate Biden was presenting himself as a gentleman, who speaks only the truth. But he lies to everyone that he is Catholic, whereas he abandoned the Faith many years ago. He lies that his party means well for America, whereas his party has in its hands the blood of millions of unborn Americans. We must beware, because the devil can also come to us as a gentleman, with soft speech and pretended manners. The Catholic Faith that Biden claims, accuses him of supporting murder and intrinsic evil. Jesus said: in the last days “a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household” (Mt. 10:36)
- In America, it will be naïve to think that it is all politics. It is rather a battle between good and evil. Whether we accept it or not, America matters for everyone. America is a microcosm, a miniature world that reflects the entire world. It matters who governs America, just as it matters who seats on the Chair of Peter. But it also matters who governs any nation, at all. Biden, Cuomo and Pelosi are enemies of the true Faith. Many faithful US Catholic clergy and laity have already spoken up to say that to vote for Joe Biden would amount to a mortal sin. This is because the values they stand for are both anti-God and anti-Catholic. Yes, it is true that no true Catholic can in good conscience vote for Joe Biden and the party that courts Pelosi and Cuomo and their likes. By their actions, they are working to destroy Catholicism as the apostles handed it down to us; hoping to recreate it according to their own fantasies. They hate the Church which shaped western civilization; they hope to recreate the world in their own image. This must be rejected and resisted, by all and through every little means, including by voting rightly in the next US elections or at least by supporting and praying for the emergence of God’s candidate.
Michael Richmond Duru