1. President Muhammadu Buhari at a nationwide broadcast on Friday called on Nigerians to go all out on Saturday to cast their votes for candidates of their choice in the presidential and national assembly election.
While assuring that security measures have been put in place to ensure a hitch-free exercise, the president described the election as an encounter with history.
2. The Cross River State Government led by Governor Ben Ayade has approached the Supreme Court challenging the six-count charge against the suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen for non-declaration of assets.
The suit was filed by the Attorney General of Cross River State on behalf of the state government, reports The Sun.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has said he was overwhelmed with the show of love and support, after 12 presidential candidates endorsed him on Thursday.
In the same day, Sani Inuwa, the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Yobe state, defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) and visited Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja
4. Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, on Friday urged Nigerians to return the All Progressives Congress (APC) government.
Osinbajo noted that the postponement of 2019 Presidential and National Assembly polls came unexpected, the electorate must not discouraged.
5. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Kaduna State chapter has condemned in strong terms the alleged use of public resources by APC-led government in the state to produce materials with PDP emblem.
The party noted that the act was to rob the party of the respect and support it enjoys among the citizens of the state.
6. The All Progressive Congress, APC, has given the condition for President Muhammadu Buhari to accept defeat in the presidential election.
The party said Buhari will concede defeat and congratulate who ever wins the race if the election is confirmed free, fair and credible.
7. The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Kwara State, said officers of the Nigeria Police Force, have arrested Senator Rafiu Ibrahim (representing Kwara South Constituency) ahead of Saturday’s elections.
Hon. Muideen Abdulrahman, Chairman, PDP Kwara South Youth Forum, who raised the alarm in a statement Thursday night, said the action was a sign that the Police have decided to take sides against the opposition.
8. Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, has described as unfortunate the attack on APC supporters in Bebeji Local Government, allegedly by members of Kwankwasiyya group of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The clash was said to have left scores injured while no fewer than 15 vehicles were destroyed.
9. Lagos High Court, on Thursday issued a bench warrant for the arrest of a former Super Eagles international, Austin Okocha, popularly known as Jay Jay Okocha, for failure to appear in court severally to answer questions on why he has allegedly failed to pay his income taxes.
The prosecutor, Dr Jide Martins, The prosecutor had told the court that the defendant had failed to furnish the Lagos State Internal Revenue Services, with a return of income for tax purposes.
10. The Federal Government on Thursday disclosed that it would soon clamp down on illegal immigrants in the country.
Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola, made this disclosure on Thursday in Lagos while speaking at his Gabfest 2 Programme with the theme: ‘Where Are The Job.’