Property worth millions of naira was on Saturday destroyed by fire at the bush bar section of the King David Hotel, Awka, Anambra State.
The fire which started around 11.30 pm was said to have completely razed down the bar.
Odogwublog.com was able to gather that the fire was caused by electric spark that touched the roof of the hotel’s thatched bush bar.
The Senior Supervisor of the Hotel, Mr. Peter Uga, described the incident as unfortunate.
He said the hotel lost over N5million to the inferno.
Reacting, Director and Chief Fire Officer of the State, Engr. Martin Agbilli said he quickly mobilized his men to the scene following a distress call.
He said, “I received a distress call from a spirited Nigerian who is not a staff of the hotel that the hotel was on fire.
“I immediately mobilized and rushed to the place and we were able to put off the fire.”
He advised residents to always cut off bushes at least 10-meters away from their buildings, while the thatched roof in hotels or houses should be kept wet regularly to avoid cases of fire outbreak.