The Media Parley which is aimed at appraising the government of Anambra state by the media was attended by the Chief Press Secretary to the Executive Governor of Anambra State ably represented by Hon. Chika Ibeneme (Odaa Opuo) Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Image management and media & Hon. Marcel Manafa, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Radio and Television. Others includes, Comrade Emma Ifesinachi Anambra State Chairman National Union of Journalists and member journalists in the state, SSAs, SAs, Print & electronic media persons and good numbers of social media influencers amongst others.
After questions and Answers from all sectors which includes: Education, Agriculture, Security, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Employment, Tourism, Civil Servants Finance /IGR and Transparency in Governance.
Participants resolved as follows:
1. The Government should train and retrain Fire fighters for them to be abreast with modern day fire fighting techniques.
2. Government Should make it compulsory for each trader or shop owner in major markets in the state to own a serviceable fire extinguisher. This should be narrowed down to local communities and schools through proper sensitization.
3. Community policing members (Vigilante groups) should be trained as fire fighters too, to compliment the efforts of the state fire service in our various communities.
4. Government should make available special numbers that can be quickly accessed by the public in case of any emergency.
5. Government should provide a student suggestion box in all the state’s owned or private schools in the state through which students can report most illegality going on in their various schools.
6. Government through the media should educate the people on how to insure their businesses or any establishments.
7. Government should establish mini fire station in schools, markets, churches et al.
8. Government should do everything within its powers to get the Federal Government approval for the reconstruction of most failing federal roads in the state.
9. Anambra State Government should relocate buildings around the Ekwulobia/Oko round about and expand the roundabout for comfortable transit of heavy duty vehicles.
10. People charged with the responsibility of disseminating information on the developments of the state should up their games.
11. Government should adopt a system of effective information management.
12. Information managers of the government should avoid going as low as becoming attack dogs.
13. The Government should appropriately educate the people on the policies of the Government.
14. The Stakeholders in the media industry should always be carried along from the inception of every projects of the Government by her Information managers.
15. Anambra online Media Influencers should be mindful of what they write irrespective of whom they write for.
16. Government should revamp and regig the state’s orientation agency to live up to its billings.
17. Government should speed up the numerous ongoing roads projects in the state before the return of rains
18. Government should make concerted efforts towards harnessing satisfactorily the tourism potentials of the state.
19. Access to information on government policies, and activities should be unhindered, all recognized media organizations should be given equal opportunities.
20. The fight against fake news and false information should be intensified. Online media practitioners in the state are enjoined to be constructive and objective in their reportage.