FRSC ANAMBRA STATE
FIRST INFORMATION REPORTS ON TWO ROAD TRAFFIC CRASHES RECORDED TODAY 05/07/2020 AT:
1. LAGOS PARK, UPPER-IWEKA TODAY, ALONG ONITSHA-AWKA EXPRESSWAY
2. NEAR OGENE FM ALONG AWKA-ONITSHA EXPRESSWAY
Two separate Road Traffic Crashes were recorded today Sunday 5 July at about 3.20pm and 3.38pm at Lagos Park Upper- Iweka and near Ogene FM, along Awka-Onitsha and Onitsha-Awka expressway, respectively.
- The Road Traffic Crash which occurred at Lagos Park Onitsha involved a Toyota Highlander with enlistment number GGE473DJ and a Mitsubishi L300 with registration number KPP157XA. The crash occurred after the brakes of the Toyota Highlander failed and the driver subsequently Loss of Control of the vehicle, ramming into the L300 and injuring One victim (male adult) in the process. A total of Four (4) male adults were involved in the crash. The injured victim was rushed to Toronto Hospital by FRSC rescue team from Onitsha Unit Command, while the Highlander was parked in the Command premises for safe keeping.
- Two male adults where involved in the minor lone Road Traffic Crash which occurred near Ogene FM, along Awka-Onitsha expressway. The vehicle involved was an empty Mercedes Benz Tanker with registration number ENU261ZK, which was reported to have developed Brake Failure, leading to loss of control by the driver, as the vehicle veered into a ditch. It is not obstructing traffic flow. Both victims came out unhurt.
4. The Sector Commander Federal Road Safety Corps Anambra State, CC Andrew A. Kumapayi admonishes vehicle owners and drivers to pay special attention to their vehicle’s braking systems, especially now that we are deep into the rainy season. He wishes the injured victim quick recovery. Road Traffic Crashes are avoidable.
RC Pascal A. Anigbo
Sector Public Education Officer
For: Sector Commander
Federal Road Safety Corps, Anambra State. Hi