N-Power: FG Should Be Ashamed As They Receive Applications Of More Than 3 Million Jobless Youth.

The Federal Government federal government should be seriously ashamed of themselves as they are planning on the disengagement the 500,000 N-power batch A and B benefitciaries who they said their program has come to an end, that over three million applications have been received so far from candidates seeking enrollment in the N-Power Programme. This came as it announced the disengagement of independent monitors it recruited to monitor batches A and B of the N-Power programme as well as other National Social Investment Programmes.

http://N-Power: FG Should Be Ashamed As They Receive Applications Of More Than 3 Million Jobless Youth.

The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, in a statement, Friday, through its Deputy Director of Information, Rhoda Iliya, said,”Enrolment of beneficiaries for N-power Batch C commenced on Friday, June 26, 2020, and has received over 3 Million applications since the portal opened. The statement said: “The ministry will conclude activities of the Independent Monitors enrolled with those two batches by 31st July 2020.

The disengagement of the monitors following the conclusion of the first two batches. In the statement, the ministry disclosed that it was looking “forward to a new set of monitors with the roll-out of the Integrated National Social Investment Programme, set to kick-off the new N-Power Batch C beneficiaries come on board . According to the statement, the Minister, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq, “thanked the Independent Monitors “for their service in monitoring the activities and programmes of the National Social Investment Programmes.

ALSO READ  2019: Why old generals are plotting to sack Buhari- Oshoimhole

The statement read:”The Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, has announced the transitioning of Independent Monitors recruited to monitor Batch A and B of the N-Power programme as well as other National Social Investment Programmes.

“The National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) was inaugurated by President Muhammadu Buhari in 2016 with the mandate of lifting citizens out of poverty through a number of Social Interventions which include N-Power, National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP), Conditional Cash Transfer Programme (CCT), and the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).

“In her statement following the announcement, the Honourable Minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq, thanked the Independent Monitors “for their service in monitoring the activities and programmes of the National Social Investment Programmes.

ALSO READ  BREAKING: Osun Guber: Oyetola wins in Appeal Court

“As we commence the transition of Batch A and B N-Power beneficiaries, the ministry will conclude activities of the Independent Monitors enrolled with those two batches by 31st July 2020.

“The Federal Government appreciates their support during the period of engagement and looks forward to onboarding a new set of monitors with the roll-out of the Integrated National Social Investment Programme, set to kick-off when the new N-Power Batch C beneficiaries come on board”.

But the federal government should really be ashamed of themselves, sending these youths who have worked with the government in different sectors back to the streets, instead of recruiting them into the federal civil service. We all know in an advanced nations, no reasonable government will afford putting these hardworking youth’s who have worked with the government in different sectors back to the streets.

ALSO READ  'Osho-Virus’ Behind APC Crisis: VON DG, Osita Okechukwu Replies Tinubu

This is a highest level of disrespect a nation could show to their youth. With the high level of Applicants the federal government has received in this recent application, this goes to show them the amount of jobless youths the country has in the streets doing nothing. The Fedeal government should either use the N-power program as a pre-face of recruiting the youths in the civil service if they are really honest to themselves or or pay they N-power youths a good sum of money to enable start up something. A compersation of 2 million naira wouldn’t be a bad idea to enable them venture any entrepreneurship they so desire, or inject them into the civil service for them not to be a problem to the community.

What are your thoughts?