COMMUNIQUE OF APGA NATIONAL WORKING COMMITTEE HELD AT SHERATON HOTELS, ABUJA ON MAY 8, 2021.
As part of its statutory duties and in fulfillment of our party internal workings; and to strengthen APGA’s internal democracy, the National Working Committee (NWC) of our great party held a meeting at Sheraton Hotels, Abuja on Saturday May 8, 2021 by 10:00 am.
All the members of the NWC were in attendance.
After the meeting which lasted for 8 hours, the NWC nominated the following members to draft a communiqué for the members of the Fourth Estate of the Realm.
Members of the Communiqué Drafting Committee are;
- Alhaji A.D Musa – Chairman – (Deputy National Chairman North).
- Okoro Chinedum Benedict – Secretary – (National Administrative Secretary).
- Barr. Hamman Buba – Member – (National Legal Adviser).
- Hon. Ezekwelu Chukwudi Tony – Member – (National Vice Chairman Southeast).
- Hon. Freedom Henry Okwuchukwu – Member- (National Organizing Secretary).
- Camaru Lateef Ogidan – Member – (National Vice Chairman Southwest).
- In tandem with the philosophy that ‘an unexamined life is not worth living’, members of the NWC reexamined, reassessed and reevaluated the party’s ideology, focus and political capital and the state of the party.
- The NWC agreed that harmonization of various interests of stakeholders will ensure APGA’s victory in the coming Anambra governorship election. To achieve this, the NWC proposed the constitution of a 5 man Committee to achieve this, and to ensure that the forthcoming APGA governorship primaries on June 25, 2021 is seen as free, fair and credible.
- The 5 man Committee was captioned operation retain Agu Awka by every means necessary.
- The NWC looked at the proposal for extension of sale of EOI and Nomination forms for the governorship of Anambra election. This was granted. This is to accommodate requests from party members that have shown interest in procurement of EOI & Nomination forms.
- The NWC looked at various applications from new entrants into the party that which to run for election. They NWC feel that politics is a group activity and such people should be given a level playing ground to prove their mettle and bring new vibes into our great party.
Conclusively, while Anambra election is at the front burner, the NWC reiterated that it is preoccupied with repositioning the party for greater potentials in 2023.
The Communiqué was signed by all members of the NWC.