Abule-Ado Explosion: Lagos sets up N2B emergency relief fund

lagos

Abule-Ado Explosion

Lagos State government has created a N2 billion emergency relief fund to cater to the needs of the victims of the Abule-Ado explosion in Amuwo Odofin council area of the state.

Lagos State governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, who disclosed this while addressing State House Correspondents after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari on the development in the State House on Monday

lagos
Abule-Ado Explosion

The governor said the state government had already earmarked a sum of N250 million for the relief fund account, adding dedicated accounts had been created for the purpose, into which groups, corporate bodies and public spirited individuals are expected to put their donations.

ALSO READ  Reoccuring accident at "Wonderful market" Oji River, calls for concern

He also said the state government had set up an investigation panel to look into the causes and reason for the explosion, adding that the panel, which is headed by the deputy governor, has two weeks to bring in its report.

Details later

1 thought on “Abule-Ado Explosion: Lagos sets up N2B emergency relief fund

What are your thoughts?

%d bloggers like this: