FIRST INFORMATION REPORT ON A FATAL CRASH ALONG AWKA-ENUGU OLD ROAD
A fatal Road Traffic Crash was recorded today Saturday 15 February, 2020 at Amansea, just after the cow market, along Awka-Enugu Old Road.
2. Two (2) vehicles and Fourteen (14) Victims where involved in the crash which claimed the life of Three (3) adult males, and Eight (8) others sustaining different degree of injuries.
3. The vehicles involved were; A stationary Daf lorry with registration number, GGE167XP suspected to be faulty and a Toyota Hummer Bus with registration number, BAL 266XA.
4. According to an eyewitness, the crash occurred around 6.00am. It said the bus was on top speed and rammed into the stationary lorry.
5. The bus was driven by one Ibrahim. They were on their way to Lagos from Jalingo, Taraba State.
6. The area has been cordoned off, and traffic control is ongoing. The FRSC team has also rushed the injured victims to Chukwuemeka Odumegu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital, Amaku. The dead are also being evacuated to the same hospital.
7. The Sector Commander Anambra State Sector Command, CC Andrew A. Kumapayi consoles with the family of the dead and wishes the injured victims speedy recovery. He advises motorists to ensure they place adequate caution signs whenever their vehicles breakdown along the road.
RC Pascal A. AnigboSPEOFor: Sector Commander
FRSC, Anambra State Sector Command.