Agbaso again loses bid to unlawfully stop Obiano in Abuja

www.odogwublog.com reports that Justice J.T. Tsoho of Federal High Court, Abuja adjourned to Dec. 8, 2017, a matter, in which one Martin Agbaso is seeking disqualification of Gov. Willie Obiano from the Nov. 18 Governorship Election.

This means that Obiano still remains the bonafide candidate of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in the election in Anambra State.

The matter followed an application at which Agbaso had through interim injunction vide an originating summons, sought to restrain Obiano from contesting the election as candidate of All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA).

The plaintiff’s, Mr Olusoji  Olowolafe, had on Thursday told the court that he was applying for the adjournment in order to be able to study the bulky volumes of documents that were served on them on Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017.

Olowolafe, had also urged the court to abridge time for them.

The court had earlier asked counsels on both sides to agree on dates before.

The, court, then finally adjourned the matter to Dec. 8, for motion for joinder filed on behalf of the party, the National Chairman, Chief Ike Oye by his counsel, Dr Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN leading seven other lawyers, including senior lawyer, Victor Agunzi.

The lead counsel for the second respondent, Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, led three other SANs – P.I. Ikwueto, Ken Mozia and Emeka Etiaba in addition to 30 other counsels.

The court had in the ruling on Motion Ex-perte, unequivocally declined the prayers for interim injunction.

He said, then, having regard to the Affidavit evidence in support of the Plaintiff/Applicants Motion Ex-parte, dated Sept. 25, 2017 but filled on Sept. 28, 2017, refused prayers 3 and 4 – `the interim injunction are declined’
Agbaso again loses bid to unlawfully stop Obiano in Abuja Agbaso again loses bid to unlawfully stop Obiano in Abuja Reviewed by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu on Thursday, November 09, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments: