Anambra Guber Election: IPOB Denies Withdrawing Boycott Threat





Anambra Guber Election: IPOB Denies Withdrawing Boycott Threat.

   Biafra Flag


In a swift reaction to a statement that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has withdrawn threat to boycott the November 18 Anambra State governorship election, a media aide to Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of  IPOB, Darlington Chukwubuikem Okolie, has dismissed claims in the media that the group’s threat to boycott election has been withdrawn.

Kanu, was said to have withdrawn the group earlier position after a meeting in Owerri, Imo State capital with an Igbo organization, Ala-Igbo International Foundation.

But a report by Sahara Reporters claimed that Kanu’s aide, Chukuwubuikem denied any such thing, insisting that the position of the group on Anambra election still stands.

He reportedly said, “Whoever said that is telling lies. The media in Lagos is fond of spreading falsehood about us. Nnamdi Kanu can never go back on his word. There will be no election in Anambra. There is nothing anybody can do about this. Any media that is reporting that Nnamdi Kanu has withdrawn his call to boycott Anambra elections is simply practicing false reportage.”
According to Chukwubuike, IPOB will this Sunday stage a mass rally where Kanu would openly reaffirm the position of the group on Anambra State governorship election.

The purported statement by Chukwubuike has however thrown up more questions than answers, concerning the authenticity of the statement.

This is because the said Chukwubuike is not known in media circles as a media aide to Kanu, as he has not been known to act in such capacity previously



Anambra Guber Election: IPOB Denies Withdrawing Boycott Threat Anambra Guber Election: IPOB Denies Withdrawing Boycott Threat Reviewed by Emeka Chiaghanam on Monday, August 21, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments: